Monday, November 18, 2013

Theory of Knowledge - Materialism and Magi

The Father - No, no! That wasn't my meaning! In fact, I should like to request you to abandon this game of art which you are accustomed to play here with your actors, and to ask you seriously once again: who are you?
The Director - If this fellow here hasn't got a nerve! A man who calls himself a character comes and asks me who I am!
The Father - A character, sir, may always ask a man who he is. Because a character has really a life of his own, marked with his special characteristics; for which reason he is always "somebody." But a man -- I'm not speaking of you now -- may very well be ''nobody.'' 

Six Characters in Search of an Author, Luigi Pirandello 

Over the last few days I have seen a certain type of materialism exposed in a number of the esoteric practitioners that I communicate with, in their blogs and in their various internet forums.  It confuses me that magi would believe in high school ''matter''.

I must admit it puzzles me when I see esoteric practitioners saying something like ''I am a talking monkey'' rather than say (if you're going to be ''materialistic'') ''I am a reincarnating information spiral''.  Both are equally true from a materialistic perspective.  But the way the materialism exposes itself is revealing.

Who are you?

I believe the experience of being ''human'' is threefold - consisting of a ''material'' component, a ''psychological'' component and a ''spiritual'' component but with consciousness identifying with one aspect or another at various times.

The ''material'' component is not a talking monkey that you happen to be riding in.  It is not an ''object'' or a ''subject'' but combines the two.  Your material life is an information (Knowledge) wave, constantly changing and constantly renewing itself.

NEPHESCH

My psychological experience, the idea of being and having a personality is again different and after one dies, the Ruakh, or the transcendental ego does typically have other stuff to do.  It goes into a world of its own creation, based on the way it dealt with the experiences it had in ''life''.  This process can seem to last a very long time from the perspective of the Ruakh, but all time is subjective, 5 mins can last 5 hours if its agonizing enough.  Through stoicism one can limit the pain of this experience.


RUAKH

My spiritual experience, is the voice of my higher self which occasionally speaks through me.  This higher self is around me all the time.  I am indeed suspended in my higher (deeper) self, which is ''supposedly'' suspended in a ''material'' world.



NESCHAMAH

As I go through the day I might identify with one aspect more than another.  If I bang my knee into a table, I may identify with the ''talking monkey/reincarnating information spiral'' aspect more.  If somebody says something nice or mean, maybe I'll identify with the personality/ego aspect more.  If I meditate on eternal consciousness in all things, I will identify with the spiritual aspect.

You are then what you identify with.  I believe that when rectified to a great extent one effectively becomes ones own Angel, one becomes an Angel in the Flesh.  It is not that this Angel somehow rides you rather that you become it, like a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. Not everyone reaches that state, and obviously stoicism is the only way to hold the Ruakh fast enough to allow the Neschamah to bloom within you (bearing in mind again that it surrounds you and you are immersed in it at all times).

What is Matter?

Matter is not atomic lego.  It is a probability pattern which arises from and disperses itself into nothingness whilst simultaneously time-travelling and co-locating.  Matter is completely intertwined with some kind of observational principle.  To suggest that mind and matter are different seems illogical, but that doesn't mean I am a materialist, rather that I believe in pan-pscyhism i.e. that matter is mind rather than mind being matter.  We need to come up with or rather restore a term for the universal substrate which does not have the connotations now associated with the word matter.

How do we see the invisible?

*All* of our experience is mental. We never directly perceive the physical world.  Ever.  You are constantly bathed in your own consciousness, awake or asleep.  All sounds are mental sounds, all sights are mental sights.  Once you accept this the spirits can communicate with you whenever you wish them to or they wish to.  The delusion of being divorced from reality, of looking out through your eyes at physical reality is what cuts you off.  Once one accepts one's experience is fundamentally mental, your consciousness is vivified and becomes numinous.  Your higher self has way more information than it feels you can handle without going insane.  By steeling oneself, one is demonstrating to the Higher Self, that one can handle more than one is currently handling.  Any knee bashes or reactions to petty words only sends the message that you are not ready.  The more steeled* one is the more that Angel will live within you and the more telepathic, prophetic and subsequently compassionate one will become.


*Being stoic does not mean being dispassionate.  Again, when stoicism is achieved then genuine compassion (Rachamim) will blossom in one's heart.  Only through stoicism can one see the beauty in all things.  Rachamim synthesises the two opposites of Love (Chesed) and Fear (Gevurah).  Only by withdrawing ones consciousness from external sources of Love and Fear can one realise that, again, these phenomena arise within the Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment