Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Life Magickal - Gods


In The Life Magickal I talked about how my metaphysical adventures were always superior when I was under the auspices of one of the two Gods that I have devoted myself to and I want to reflect on some specifics about their influences and consider the possibility of new partnerships as I renew the aim and spirit of my work. 

Looking through the Blogos I think you would consider me a disciple of Thoth or Hermes but my experiences with the Gods have been, at first glance, quite out of that character. After I finished university I returned home to the Midlands as I had nowhere else to go, my girlfriend at the time, who was Spanish, returned to Madrid.  Our relationship could not last the long distance and the breakup devastated me.  In the aftermath I took a long hard look at where I was in the grand scheme of ''initiation'', felt that I was ''in Hod'' and accepted that I still had a lot to learn.  In the thinking of that time I opened the ''Sphere of Netzach'' with an evocation of Aphrodite and began what was to become seven years of work with her, where she was the only deity in my life.*  I've discussed the details of these experiences before but, to reiterate, one of the most important lessons I learned was how to devote - it was this devotion that allowed me to complete my 5 year study of the Sefer Yetzirah and not flake out.  Its a lesson that I have applied to many areas of my life since then and the perfect remedy for ''Mercurial'' procrastination - she teaches you to love, to desire, to obsess, to be present, to commit, to serve and to control - all of these capacities Aphrodite brought into my life, whilst purging me of jealousy, and bound them to the arts magickal.  When I began working with her, she appeared in very classical form but as I got to know her and saw past my preconceptions, she was revealed to be much more ancient and more alien than I first imagined.  Now seeing her as the daughter of Cronos' assault on Uranus her impact on the direction of my work in time travel can't be understated - why do you have to castrate block time in order to create linear time?   What does it mean to be the personification of that castration?  During the 231 Gates Project one of the (Venus) rituals involved opening a conduit through time to return/restore a ''lost love'' but unfortunately the details of these rituals had to removed from the blog for safety**.''The Venus Current'', if you like, has been psychically clamouring for more attention and currently I am torn between deities - Hathor and Inanna - or perhaps she is torn between forms (? - if the fanatics in my audience will excuse my soft polytheism), but regardless, the choice will be important as I move on, whoever has to finally make it.

Enlil, on the other hand, chose me.  I had been invited to join the group Gentlemen for Jupiter, a set of magicians who were all working prosperity magic together, the so-called ''Jupiter Current'', and after my first ritual toast I decided to astrally project to scout things out on that giant gas planet.  I found myself heading towards the great storm on Jupiter and was sucked into the eye whereupon I passed out.  When I woke a voice in my head was saying ''Kish, Kish, Kish...'' and then once ''Sargon.'' This started some research that lead me to Enlil and his direction of the Jupiter current (as opposed to other members who were more involved with Jupiter/Zeus) has had a huge impact on my life.  Considering how his qualities dovetail with a renewed aim and purpose, he is the Master of the Tablets of Destiny, whose commands are unalterable and therefore his assistance in understanding myself as a time traveller within block time is probably going to be highly advantageous.

Together the ''currents'' of Venus and Jupiter under the stewardship of Aphrodite and Enlil and their corresponding influence on my magic (devotion and prosperity) have bound me to what used to be known as the Right Hand Path or the Pillar of Mercy in QBL - the forces of expansion, bliss, abundance and expression.  We can understand both of them in the way they relate to Cronos - Aphrodite as the product of his assault on Uranus, Zeus as Cronos' own conqueror. I began this post, or at least the thinking behind it, assuming that moving forward would automatically necessitate a relationship with a God of Magic or a God of Time but as I air these thoughts and dwell on how much pressure I have been under from ''Venus'' I begin to doubt this necessity.  Perhaps, with Love and Lightning, I have all the allies I need.

I know, I alone,
How much it hurts, this heart
With no faith nor law,
Nor melody nor thought.
Only I, only I
And none of this can I say,
Because feeling is like the sky -
Seen, nothing in it to see.

I know, I alone, Fernando Pessoa



*I worked extensively with Angels (therefore of Enlil, Ellil, El, etc - so technically the other God was involved already) and letter-spirits.
**The love that I had known in the Tower was restored though, the ritual suceeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment